Monday, February 20, 2012

Aabaraki!


So on my last post I told you guys that I had to take pictures for an event for class but wasn’t able to take pictures at the last event I attended. So it was back to the drawing board. I searched for another event to attend and came across a performance that Aabaraki a neo-soul band was having at the BAM Café in Brooklyn. So I’ll admit that I’ve never heard of the band Aabaraki before but the fact that they were a neo-soul band caught and held my attention. I decided to look them up and see what they were about before committing to attend. I Googled their name and found a YouTube clip of one of their performances. I was totally blown away. I was all game! So I asked one of my lovely friends Faith to join me. I love the way she is totally down for whatever we are a lot alike. Always great to have people such as herself around, makes life a bit less complicated because not all your friends are going to be into everything you are. Which is fine, variety is the spice of life. Anyhow, I live in Brooklyn not too far from the BAM (acronym for Brooklyn Academy of Music) but I’ve never gone inside before. Which is pretty sad, we have so many gems within our backyard and we never take advantage of it. Meanwhile, people travel worldwide to see what you take for granted. Anyhoo, I headed straight for the café after work. I wanted to get there before the show started at nine so I could take pictures of the venue before people started flooding in. Thank goodness I did, it was jam packed after they hit the stage. As I snapped away people of course stared at me curiously. It didn’t help that I was coughing and losing my voice and sounded like a 60-year-old chain smoker. Did I mention I have a cold? I do. But I didn’t let that stop me. I was there on a mission. I later met up with Faith before the game was set to begin. Let me tell you the BAM café is beautiful! A stunning venue, not what I was expecting at all. Luckily, we found a couple of seats and then headed straight to the bar for a Mojito that they didn’t have so we settled for the next best thing, an Amaretto Sour, yum! We chatted a bit before the performance began and we were in for a treat! Aabaraki if you EVER happen to come across this blog in life I just want to say thank you for the soothing sounds and melodies of your voice and musical instruments. You guys are fantastic! I loved every minute of it! It was a night that was well needed. As you can tell Faith and I had a blast! If you don’t know who Aabaraki are, please get to know them. I’m sure you will be hearing more and more about them in the near future.



Hit the jump for more



Aabaraki!
The beautiful Faith, love her!
This couple was the cutest! This would have been the perfect date for a couple. I was totally envious lol. 


BTW, I had the senses to call beforehand this time to ask if I could take pictures. I still had a little trouble when Aabaraki came on the stage but still got a couple of good shots. Enjoy gumdrops! XoXXoXXo



2 comments:

  1. Hey Kay-K,


    Akie Bermiss, from Aabaraki here. Thanks a lot for your post. Really appreciate the love and support. And thanks for coming out to see a band you'd never heard of. We love the write up and would like to post it on our facebook page, if that's cool with you.

    again, thanks. And I hope the rest of your night was excellent, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! I haven’t been blogging much lately and didn’t realize that you responded to this post, I am so honored! Of course you can post this on your facebook page! You guys were truly amazing! The only reason I even realized that you responded is because I just typed your band name into a google search and saw my post come up. Thank you for blessing us all with your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Alight, so my life truly isn't overly exciting. I am a simple girl who enjoys the simple things in life. I have big dreams and plan to turn them into a reality one day. I hate to categorize myself because I can honestly put a little of myself into almost every category. Can't we all? I have several different sides. I'm a 3 dimensional kind of girl. I am who I am and I gracefully resign for all that I am not. At the end of the day, I'm just living MY life the best way I know how. xoxo